The Liebster Blog Awards
Awww. So I woke up this morning to see that http://lilajunesbooksaloon.wordpress.com has nominated me for this award! Its given to blogs that have fewer than 300 followers and is an opportunity for people to learn a little bit more about these blogs.
So the rules!:
1. 11 facts about yourself
2. Answer 11 questions that have been asked by whoever nominated you.
3. Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers – you cannot re nominate the person who nominated you.
4. Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated.
11 facts about me!
Wow where to begin!
1. I have many book husbands!
2. I love Matt Smith, like seriously love him!
3. I’m a book addict, I must have over 600 books in my room and about 150 of those need to be read… its a serious addiction.
4. I have a NCFE Level 2 in Pattern Cutting
5. And also a BTEC in Art and Design (aswell as a few A Levels and GCSE’s!)
6. I have my friends that I see every single day but I also have the bestest friends ever that are scattered all over the world and I haven’t met any of them yet!
7. I have three tattoos and am looking to get a fourth one.
8. I’m in love with King Arthur and all the legends 🙂
9. My favourite place in the whole of the UK is Glastonbury. I will live there one day.
10. I am the biggest geek and book nerd ever!
11. I have yet to find my perfect guy but I know he’s out there somewhere… he just needs to hurry the hell up and get here!
So here is LilaJune’s questions to me! (Go follow her blog! Its brilliant!)
1. Why did you start blogging?
A couple of friends told me that I should start blogging about my book reactions and about my latest crushes. Plus it was http://whatanerdgirlsays.wordpress.comblog that inspired me too
2. If you were going to recommend one book to everyone what would it be?
Oh my god… where do I start!? There are so many books I could recommend to people… AAAAHHHH! Okay so I’m going to go for the one that my fangirl bestie from across the pond Stephanie sent me: Pack Up The Moon. It shows you that you should grab life with both hands and that, despite bad and upsetting life experiences, you can come out on top. That you can love again.
3. Do you have a soundtrack for the books you read?
I do have some of the book to movie soundtracks which sometimes I can relate to other books. Also when I turn on the radio, you can guarantee that a song on there can relate to a certain scene in the book. (It doesn’t make much sense! Haha)
4. What are your guilty pleasure reads?
Hmmm… Guilty pleasure books… I can’t believe I’m going to say this but… Smutty books haha. Like Crossfire, 50 Shades, This Man… I know I know!
5. Did you grow up in a reading family or did you discover a love of reading on your own?
My nan was an avid reader and my mum constantly read to me when I was younger. All of that stuck and now I’m a book addict who can’t stop reading. I used to read Jacqueline Wilson books in a day or Roald Dahl books. A lot of books I read when I was younger influenced me for today and my nan and mum!
6. What books have most influenced your life?
Growing up it would have been Jacqueline Wilson. Now? Its John Green and Rainbow Rowell. They are just so influential. And of course JKRowling. She showed me that magic and dreams can come true 🙂
7. What are your top 3 favourite books right now?
Holy moly! So many books! Okay so I’ll do the single books instead of the one’s in a series…
*Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
*The Fault in our Stars by John Green
*The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
8. Do you have a story to tell? Have you already started writing it?
Yes and yes! Haha. I started a YA book called Unworldly. Its got fairies and magic and hot guys and inspirational girls. I’ve already just started Chapter 19 and I’m on 70,000 words… I want this dream of being an author to happen so much!
9. What’s your favourite classic book?
Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Its just… I love it.
10. Are you bit of a book geek or fangirl (boy)? Do you have a deep dark geek secret/story to share?
I’m both a book geek and a fangirl! It’s embedded into my brain and I can’t do much else! Haha. I fangirl over a lot of stuff and the book thing… yeah. I have ALOT!
Deep dark geek secret? Hmmm… I brought a fez, bowtie and braces for the Doctor Who 50th and wore them to work… (that’s probably not dark enough but its all I can think of! Haha)
11. Its the Zombie Apocalypse!!! AHHHHHH!!! What’s your survival plan?
Take a sword and go hole myself up in a library. Books are knowledge! And if a zombie comes along I can go all medieval sword fighter on their asses haha!
So here’s my nominations for The Liebster Blog Awards (and I’m sorry if you do have more than 300 followers… its just that I love your blogs so much!)
And here are your 11 questions….
1. What inspired you to start a blog?
2. What’s your favourite book series?
3. Who is your favourite author?
4. If you could have a meal, with three people dead or alive, who would it be?
5. Whose your favourite book boy?
6. What was the first book that inspired you to continue reading?
7. Favourite book to movie adaptation?
8. What’s the one piece of advice that a book has given you?
9. Favourite classical author?
10. If you had to live the life of an author for a week, who would you choose?
11. Vampires…: Do you fight them? Join them? Or fall in love with them?